X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhino purge command removes all proxy materials

Hi,

I use V-Ray for Rhino 6 4.20.02.
    I use a lot of proxy in my scenes. Wierdly in the lastest vray version, the Rhino purge command removes all proxy materials from the file. And it seems one cannot undo this process once it has been initiated.
    So, I've stopped purging 'materials' and do so only throught the Vray GUI. But its an extremely slow and manual process.

Another thing, creating two proxies using the same material seems to create further 'proxy materials' eg. Grass turns to Grass#1 for one proxy and Grass#2 for another proxy even though the material was the same in both models used to create the proxy. This ultimately creates a long list of materials in the materials list.

Also, it'd be good if we could group materials in the Vray GUI.

Could there be a fix for the above?

Thanks guys.

Maio

I don't use proxies, but I've had issued with materials being purged; even when they're being used. It's pretty frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by b.maio_SGA View Post

Another thing, creating two proxies using the same material seems to create further 'proxy materials' eg. Grass turns to Grass#1 for one proxy and Grass#2 for another proxy even though the material was the same in both models used to create the proxy. This ultimately creates a long list of materials in the materials list.
      I have also been referring to the exact same problem. It used to be better in earlier versions, where the user was asked what to do with material duplicates. You could simply choose: use existing material. Please bring back this feature!

Comment

Working...
      X