V-Ray for GH - camera overriden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray for GH - camera overriden

I am just playing around with the Render in Rhino node in Grasshopper to be able to get depth of field in my renderings of Grasshopper geometry. All is working well so far, except I don't understand why it picks the camera from the selected viewport in Rhino and not the camera I have specified in Grasshopper.

Whenever I right-click in Grasshopper and select Render in Rhino it will then render from the view of the selected viewport, even though I have specified my own camera in Grasshopper.

I wish there was an option in V-Ray for Rhino to either specificy which camera view to use; to use the currently selected viewport, a specific view or to use the camera from Grasshopper if available.

Or am I just missing something?

Hi seltzdesign

Apologies for missing to reply to this post!

Please note that when using the Render In Project component, the render settings are taken from Rhino and not Grasshopper (this includes the camera setup).

As a workaround, you could Export Camera Animation (right-click Render in Project component) and enable the Animation rollout in Rhino to use Grasshopper as source. Whether the camera is actually animated or not is up to you, but a Timeline component needs to be connected.

Comment

Working...
    X