Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subdivs parameter for reflection/refraction glossiness

Hi all

I already checked the official Chaosgroup "VRay Next for Rhino" help website > Materials > Generic entry for what I am looking for:
    There used to be a parameter for subdivs for both reflection and refraction glossiness in order to increase the quality of the glossy reflections/refractions in earlier versions of Vray - I just cannot find it in VRay Next, not even in the advanced options rollout.

In the help file it says in both cases
    "Use the Subdivs parameter below to control the quality of glossy reflections."

There's no such parameter "below" the slider for refraction/reflection glossiness.

Do I have to get deeper into the settings in order to increase the quality or is there a different "name" for the subdivs control?

Thanks in advance!

Forget the material subdivs, they doesn't exist anymore and are not needed. It's a mistake only, the info at the help page seems to be from a previous version of VfR. Only the global options need to be adjusted.
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hi la812

As Micha noted, the materials' subdivs parameters are now deprecated and removed with newer versions. V-Ray is smarter than before and can automatically calculate the required subdivisions for the render view.

That being said, the most important settings for image sampling that can be adjusted is the Min/Max subdivs of the Image sampler, and the noise threshold to control the image quality and render speed. This is a very useful and detailed article on the matter.
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
      X