Maximum memory usage for resman 0.00 mb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum memory usage for resman 0.00 mb

Good morning. I'm trying to render a project (with many textures) with Vray ver. 4.20.03 on rhinoceros 6.30. I render in CUDA with two Nvidia Quadro P4000 video cards + CPU, but after the initial processing it freezes and the message appears: Maximum memory usage for resman 0.00 mb. Usually I've never had any problems, only this time (with a project with multiple textures) the event is happening. I currently use a workstation with Intel Xeon Silver 4116 2.10GHz, 32GB Ram, dual Nvidia Quadro P4000 video cards.
    Thank you.

the problem occurs at the end of the light cache. The light cache process is used in cpu. When the process ends and switches to using the GPU, the out of memory message comes out.

Comment

Hi Giuliovasa79

Would it be possible to share information from the progress log to see if you get any warnings or error messages? resman cache shows memory usage from geometry generated at render time (proxies, displacement, etc.) Best here would be to forward us a screenshot of the progress log and if you could share the .3dm file (either here or send it to support@chaosgroup.com - mention this thread in the email) for further investigation.
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Good Morning, below
        I am attaching information from the progress log.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Giuliovasa79,

There is one thing that you should certainly try:
          Navigate to Asset Editor (right panel)/Settings/Render Parameters/GPU Memory management and make sure that the Resize parameter is set to On-demand mipmapping.
          You can also share the project file packaged with the assets so that we can investigate further on our side.

Regards,
          Konstantin

Comment

Working...
          X