Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bongo 3 needed, but VfR 5 + Bongo 3 let Rhino 7 crash. What can I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bongo 3 needed, but VfR 5 + Bongo 3 let Rhino 7 crash. What can I do?

Hi,

I need to render an animation per physic based Bongo 3 animation but V-Ray 5 and Bongo 3 let Rhino 7 crash. Is there a chance to get a fix soon? I started to use Cycle, but I'm not so happy about testing Cycles.

Would VfR 4 work with Bongo 3 at Rhino 7? (I would like to avoid to use VfR4, since I use VfR5 for some of my projects and it's cumbersome to work with VfR4 and 5 at Rhino 7. I would prefer VfR5.)

-Micha
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Hi Micha

Sorry to say that it won't work with either since Bongo 3 is still WIP. We are waiting for the official release so we can further add support.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

The official release will be far away. Bongo 3 is a big step forward - physics and connections - allow interesting and complex animations. The Bongo team needs users who like to test Bongo 3 and all the new features. OK, so I try to use Cycles now but it makes me not happy. But I need to be patient.
      Last edited by Micha; 18-03-2021, 12:13 PM.

Comment

nikoleta.garkova

Today I installed the latest VfR5 for Rhino 7 and I see no crash anymore if I try to render an animation per Bongo 3. That's great!!!

There is a little issue only and I hope I can fix it by setting an option somewhere. The batch mode isn't internal enabled. Is there a chance to get it working? My hope is to use V-Ray instead Cycles for my current project.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 04-15-21 at 08.35 AM.JPG Views:	0 Size:	145.2 KB ID:	1110742

​​​​​​​
        Last edited by Micha; 15-04-2021, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X