Decal make object totally black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decal make object totally black

I updated to the newest Vray for Rhino 5.10.02 and have problem with decals.
    Object with assigned decals now turn completely black.

I recorded the video of the issue. https://streamable.com/mdy9un

Edit: Attached rhino file with decal texture.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pavol_pastork; 25-03-2021, 05:56 AM.

Hi pavol_pastork,

Thanks for sharing the file over. Something does seem a bit off, if I try to use the same decal on another object I've got no issues - there might be something within the object itself causing this.

Oddly enough, if I make a small change with the original setup (i.e. set an object ID, or copy-paste the XYZ decal position value and hit enter) it appears just fine. We'll have to have a further look, but in the meantime you can use this as a workaround: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...5_15-43-33.mp4
    Last edited by nikoleta.garkova; 25-03-2021, 06:49 AM.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi nikoleta.garkova ,
      your workaround works until you stop the render and restart it. With interactive render it looks ok, but after stopping render and run again the issue persists.
      Thank for any advice.

Comment

Hi pavol_pastork - just to let you know that this has been reported in our internal bug-tracking system under VRW-3159 and our developers will have a look. I'll keep you posted when there are any updates on the matter.
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by nikoleta.garkova View Post
          Hi pavol_pastork - just to let you know that this has been reported in our internal bug-tracking system under VRW-3159 and our developers will have a look. I'll keep you posted when there are any updates on the matter.
          Hi, today I found that when render starts, the text "Not supported for decal : "Mtb Multi" appears in rhino command line. Maybe it could help dev team.

Comment

Hi pavol_pastork,

This issue should be fixed in the latest update we released - V-Ray 5 for Rhino, update 1.2

Regards,
            Konstantin

Comment

Hi konstantin_chaos
              I´ve tested it and it works.
              Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X