Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error type cannot read property split of null

Hi everybody,

I am kinda new to Vray for Rhino, so I tried to download some materials in format .vrmat since .vismat type doesn't seem to work anymore. Anyway, so I put the material into a new folder and linked it to the vray asset editor. As shown in the screenshot, the problem is that shortly after I open the editor this error pops up, and basically the whole editor crashes. When I delete the material the whole problem is gone.

Does this mean that I'll never be able to add new materials to my library?
    Please help if you have any idea how to fix that!
    Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	415
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	1110295

Hi hristiyan_hristov

Would it be possible to forward us the .vrmat in question so we can see if we could reproduce this in our environment? Is it happening with other vrmat files?
    Please also share where was it taken from along with information about the exact V-Ray/Rhino versions you are using (menu tabs V-Ray > Help > About V-Ray)
    You can also forward us the log file from the file path printed in the error message.

To forward this information, you can get in touch with us through our contact form, just make sure to mention this thread in the email, thanks.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi nikoleta.garkova

Thanks for the reply, I'll send you the information, that you requested as soon as possible!

Comment

Hi hristiyan_hristov,

The issue is certainly caused by the specific .vrmat that you've imported.
        It will help us a great deal if you can share the file and tell us where you got it from.
        There might be an issue with specific vrmat version that we're not aware of which could be addressed.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
        X