Rhino 7 toolbar missing all new features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhino 7 toolbar missing all new features

I've reinstalled vray 5 multiple times, but the toolbar is still missing all the new features such as Cosmos and Vision. The options appear in the drop-down menu at the top, so I can use the functions that way.
    Any ideas why this is happening?

Click image for larger version

Name:	vraymenu.png
Views:	2106
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	1110474

paul_harrington same thing was happening to me. I think due to custom tool bar. Here is how I fixed issue. after Vray install, start Rhino, all new Vray toolbars will open in the workspace, delete any old Vray tabs you have, then grab the new Vray toolbar(s) you want, and drag to location with other tabs. They will be renamed Vray All 01, etc.
    Glenn

Attached Files

Comment

Hi paul_harrington and glennco

This may happen when there are some leftovers from a previous installation. You can workaround this by manually replacing the .rui file as described:
      1. Navigate yourself to the following folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoce ros\6.0\UI\Plug-ins and delete all temp files
      2. Then go to C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for Rhinoceros and copy the VRayForRhino.rui file
      3. Paste the VRayForRhino.rui file in the following place - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\UI\Plug-ins
      Let us know if this helps.
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

It didn't work for me. There is no tmp files to delete.

Comment

Hi chrbjerre,

Did you try copy-pasting the VRayForRhino.rui like described above?

You might send us the vrayneui logs located in C:\Users\usernam\AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for Rhinoceros\vrayneui to check them, or alternatively, we can schedule a remote session to investigate on the spot if nothing else has worked so far.
          Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi,

The reason you can't see the latest toolbar, is because Rhino caches the .rui files. And the reason for that is because they are editable via the Rhino UI. After a .rui is tampered Rhino needs to store it somewhere not in Program Files because that is not writeable location. We try to delete the cached files on uninstall, but that is not always successful (the file may be locked, or the name may be changed).
            To ensure you reset the V-Ray you you shall go to Tools->Options, navigate to "Toolbars" and then close the "VRayForRhino" UI file:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ToolsOptions.png
Views:	1948
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1125674

Then use the right-click context menu again, but choose "Open" this time, and pick the .rui file file in the V-Ray installation directory (Nikoleta posted that above - C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for Rhinoceros)
            Rhino will cache this file, where it wants, but it shall be the latest version - guaranteed

Comment

Working...
            X