Rhino sun position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhino sun position

With the recent version of V-ray I have issues with default rhino sun position.
    I create dome light with sky texture of Rhino document sun and change sun position in vray asset editor.
    Save file and close rhino.
    After re-opening (or starting batch render) the sun position is set to default position below horizont.

New vray sun works fine. Issue is only with Rhino document sun.
    Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snímka obrazovky 2021-04-26 133810.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	1112071

Hi pavol_pastork

Testing with the latest version indeed it seems like the Rhino Document Sun's Custom Orientation settings will be reset when reopening a project. I've reported this in our internal bug-tracking system under VRW-3210 for developer investigation. Will let you know when there are any updates on the matter. As a workaround for now, you can add a Sun Light from the V-Ray toolbar so that the changes stay.

Thank you for the pointer!
    Last edited by nikoleta.garkova; 27-04-2021, 04:28 AM.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

hi, same issue here.wrote it also to your support. would be nice, to be able to save/backup all general light settings(sun+dome) in one file. thanks in advance.

Comment

nikoleta.garkova
        I’m also having trouble with this. Can you make a screen grab showing us what “Sun Light” we should use, and explain any steps involved?
        Glenn

Comment

nikoleta.garkova Can you please provide further information here about "add a Sun Light from the V-Ray toolbar so that the changes stay".
          I have 5 projects that I was using Rhino sun, and now realize the settings change every time I close/open the file. Messed up my lighting settings, causing me a lot of frustration.
          Please help.
          Glenn

Comment

Hi glennco

Since the issue only appears to be happening with Rhino Document Sun, opening the Sun creation panel from the V-Ray toolbar, placing it somewhere in the project and adjusting it to your needs appears to suffice as a workaround. To better visualize this, I've prepared a short screen-recording, hope it will help: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...7_11-14-12.mp4

Comment

nikoleta.garkova Thanks for the response & screen recording. That works, it's a strange workaround since Albedo & blend need to be changed from Rhino Document Sun.
              Also, thanks for the email on the file size ticket.
              Glenn

Comment

Hi guys, just to inform you that this issue has been fixed and should be out with a future update - thanks for the understanding and patience!

Comment

Hi guys,

This issue is fixed in V-Ray 5 for Rhino, update 1.3

Excuse us for the inconvenience and let us know if you find any related issues.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
                  X