Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load Render Settings corrupts materials

Hello,
    this bug is quite annoying / dangerous and randomly present for a long time:

When I prepare my product for rendering, I do a setup in interior, Save render settings to file, create a setup on neutral background, save render settings again.

Next time I return to the project and use Load render settings from file, it renders incorrectly with missing materials. Going back reveals that at the moment of loading render settings, SOME materials are gutted out into empty shells:

Click image for larger version

Name:	empty.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1113087

Some Blend materials lose the base / coat material and turn to Empty.

Is this a known bug? Can I help you somehow? I've created everything today on current V-Ray for Rhino 6, v 5.10.03

Cheers

Jonas

Hi Jonas,

Sorry to hear you're having such issues. As I can't seem to reproduce this on a simple test and it may be that I'm doing something wrong, is it possible to provide further steps to reproduce along with a recording so I can follow and try on our end as well?

Or alternatively, forward us a 3dm file with the issue reproducible so I can save the settings and see what happens upon reopening and loading back a .vropt file. You can send it through our contact form, just make sure to mention this thread in the email. Much appreciated!
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hello Nikoleta, sending another, smaller, problematic file with the corresponding vropt file. Via the contact form. If it fails I'll use email instead.

Just open the 3D model, check materials if they are all fine, then load vropt file and check materials again if any of them changed, lost data. Thank you for your time!

Jonas

Comment

Thanks, Jonas - will review and get back to you ASAP.

Comment

Just thought I'd add that I'm also having trouble with this bug, although I had not narrowed down the cause to loading render settings. I thought that maybe it was introduced with the previous update as I hadn't experienced it previously. Very frustrating when returning to a project.

Comment

Hey guys,

This has been fixed in our internal builds and will be released with a future update, so stay tuned. ben_egan1, if you notice some more discrepancies caused by other than loading .vropt files, please let us know. Much appreciated!

Comment

Hello Nikoleta, that's amazing thing to hear! Kudos to your hard work!

Will it work correctly with currently bugged rhino + vropt files or only the ones created after the update?

Cheers
              Jonas

Comment

Hey Jonas,

It should work with the current ones as well. Testing the files you sent us before, they are appearing fine.

Comment

Working...
                X