Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acolor tex for viewport not working

Hi,

it could be great if the acolor texture could be shown at the viewport. Often my clients like to see a second color version and this is my easy way to change the color but to keep the old one for later use or quick switch. I hope this can be supported.

-Micha

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 06-08-21 at 09.51 AM.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1116101

www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Hey Micha,

Can you please confirm, you'd like a representation of both Diffuse and Color tex colors in the viewport? This is not supported, I'm afraid, but can be done in a few other ways -
    1. Create a material to assign the desired Color tex and globalize it;
    2. Create a new global texture with the new color you want to use;
    3. Copy/paste the new color in the diffuse color slot of the original material

You can use this scenario to switch between as many colors as you'd like, unfortunately they cannot be drag n dropped, so the copy/paste options should be used.
    Alternatively, you can bake the desired colors in a .jpg or another file format and load them as bitmaps. Then, enabling/disabling the texture slot should suffice.

We do plan a better alternative to all this in the future and we'll make sure to notify you when this happens;
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi nikoleta.garkova,

thank you for the hint with the globalized color. Good idea! I will use this workflow.
      www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
      X