How to add a Sky to a scene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add a Sky to a scene?

Hi, I seem incapable of adding a sky to a scene in VRay. Every time I render my screen I get a plain dark gray background. If I click on the texture slot of Background in Environment settings I just continually get the RhinoDefault.exr image which looks like a blurry white and gray background. I have added a Sky to texture but I have no idea how to change to it? Right clicking on the Sky and Use as Replacement does nothing. Can someone help a newb, because I seem unable to work this out despite hours of attempts to do so.

Hi james_churchill,

A way you could achieve that is by copy-pasting the Sky (or whatever other texture you set up) in the Background texture slot from the environment settings. See attached gif for better visual understanding.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-07-16_19-34-33.gif
Views:	339
Size:	502.0 KB
ID:	1119768

Regarding the 'Use as Replacement' option - you will need to select a texture to Use as Replacement for any other texture in the scene. Then, use the Replace All References option over the chosen texture in order for this option to take effect. More about the texture options can be found here: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...xtures-Options
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X