Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grasshopper - Vray Material From Project - Does not supporting all material texture map types?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grasshopper - Vray Material From Project - Does not supporting all material texture map types?

I'm trying to reference a "Material From Project" into Grasshopper but it's causing an error in the "Render In Project" component. I've tracked it down to a radial gradient "Texture Map" that I'm using in the Anisotropy Rotation texture slot (I don't like to use a bitmap here as this always seems to cause a line where the gradient 'steps' back to white from black no matter what resolution I use).

I know that previously the spline curve didn't work in grasshopper, but having done a quick test it seems that all texture types are now working through Grasshopper except for the Gradient which is causing the attached error.
    Last edited by paul-twoatsix; 12-09-2021, 01:17 AM.

Ha - well my question still stands about the gradient Texture Map type in grasshopper - but I've solved the radial gradient bitmap line issue - don't trust Photoshop to produce anything pixel perfect! As soon as I made sure no black pixels crossed the halfway line in the bitmap, it works perfectly in the Anisotropy Rotation slot (link to texture below for anyone who's interested).
    Last edited by paul-twoatsix; 12-09-2021, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Ok, not quite solved... It seems it's a matter of scale/zoom. The line still appears when I zoom out with the bitmap texture. The gradient texture map doesn't have that problem.

There must be some kind of downsampling of the textures going on before rendering and while the gradient texture is 'vector' based (and can resample perfectly) the bitmap resampling is causing a fuzzy line on that key 'edge' when scaling down? That'd be my guess anyway.
      Last edited by paul-twoatsix; 12-09-2021, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Hi,

the RenderInProject component was not able to transfer color lists data type back to V-Ray for Rhino.
        That is already fixed, and will be available in the next update.

Thanks for catching it up

Comment

Hi Nikolay, thanks for the response. That's great news! I can't wait for the next update.

Comment

Working...
          X