X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray materials default to rhino materials

Hi There,

I have encountered this issue a few times and its killing me:

I have set up a large project with lots of vray materials and have successfully rendered out some images. I save and close the file......all good.
    When i come back the next day and need to render some additional images; i open the file and all the vray materials have defaulted back to rhino materials. The vray materials are still in the asset editor but not assigned to the objects. They are now rhino materials and the only way to fix this is to re-assign them all again. Also the sun has defaulted back to its start settings

Anybody encountered this?

Help please

Cheers

Justin

Hi blueskydesigngroup,

Is it possible to specify exact V-Ray/Rhino versions along with details regarding your OS/CPU/GPU? A screen recording demonstrating the issue would be very helpful so we can see what's happening and try to reproduce.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Does this help?

I cant really screen record the issue as its already done.

Basically all the vray materials have turned into rhino materials under the rhino material tab. Instead of the drop down saying vray material (blue icon) its now rhino. my product has no vray materials assigned to it anymore. If i change the dropdown to vray, it will create a duplicate of the material and i have to tune them all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	1125175
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 3.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1125176Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 1.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	1125177
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi blueskydesigngroup,

It appeared to me that this is happening each time you assign V-Ray materials, and then close and re-open the Rhino project, which is why I asked for a recording. Have you migrated from an older version to the latest update? If you can send us a project that replicates the issue, it would be great.
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X