Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray for Rhino 6

Hi,

I recently purchased a vray educational license for rhino 6 and 3dsmax 2021. I'm having an issue applying textures to my model in Rhino. The texture does not show in any of the viewports when applying them. A few of them work, but when rendering, the object I textured is black. Would anyone know how to fix this?

I forgot to mention that every time I open rhino, a message pops up about automatically upgrading to the current version. Also, every time I open vray in rhino 6, I have to wait for the materials to load. I never used to have any of these issues.

Comment

Hi tim_choi,

The message you are receiving indicates that the project was originally created with an older V-Ray version and now that you've opened it with a more recent version, all V-Ray components will be upgraded as well. If you open it with an older V-Ray version once you've saved the project, some things might not be working properly.

That being said, I am not sure I understood you when you mentioned that 'The texture does not show in any of the viewports when applying them', is there a way to demonstrate the issue via, for example, screenshots/recordings?

Once you've upgraded, it is generally advisable to open an empty Rhino project, load V-Ray as a renderer, close it and then start opening your existing projects.
      Last edited by nikoleta.garkova; 23-09-2021, 01:20 AM.
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your response and help. I do have a question then, would i have to uninstall vray and reinstall it again? or would i have to uninstall rhino and vray? I attached a screenshot of what I meant about none of the materials being shown in any of my rendered viewports after applying a material/texture.

Comment

I do have a question then, would i have to uninstall vray and reinstall it again? or would i have to uninstall rhino and vray?
          I don't think a reinstall is necessary - the message you're seeing at the beginning will only show once for each existing project that you open with the updated V-Ray version.

Other than that, can you check if the same happens with the materials from the V-Ray Material Library, or it only happens when you are using custom bitmaps? If it's the latter, you are probably encountering the issue described in this thread - disabling/enabling the bitmap slot should help in showing the textures properly, and this is to be fixed in a future update.

If that's not the case, would it be possible to get in touch via our contact form, so we can schedule a remote session to troubleshoot on the spot - it might be easier in this situation. Just make sure to mention this thread (or my name) in the form subject once you submit.
          Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi nikoleta,

I actually got it fixed yesterday. It was due to my firewall settings, I think it was blocking v-ray chaos group for some odd reason, but as soon as I approved it, everything worked.
            but thank you for your help!

Comment

Working...
            X