• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhino Snapshot lights disappearing from Asset Editor

I have created three snapshots (see attached images):
    1. without Spot Light ("sunOnly")
    2. with a red Spot Light ("redLight")
    3. with the Spot Light color changed to green ("greenLight")
    Whenever I switch from the "redLight" Snapshot to the "greenLight" Snapshot or vice versa, the Spot Light disappears from the Asset Editor.
    Only when I first switch back to the "sunOnly" Snapshot, and then to "redLight" or "greenLight", then the Spot Light correctly appears as expected

PS unfortunately I am not allowed to upload the file (or any .3dm file) as attachment

Hi tim_vlaar,

It looks like when switching between snapshots - if you turn back to the one with Rhino Sun, then select either one of the Spot lights - the light will appear in the render view as well. Then, going back to the Rhino Sun and selecting the other one - it will also show up. This, however, seems inconvenient.

We've logged this issue in our system under VRW-3389 for developer investigation. We'll surely let you know when we get any updates on the matter. Thanks for the pointer!
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Thanks for looking into this issue.

Eventually we want to use snapshots in batch renders.
      Currently the a similar happens in our existing models: whenever we switch between snapshots (almost) all lights disappear. In these models the above solution is no option. This means we cannot use any of the snapshots features at the moment, unfortunately.
      Hopefully solving this isolated case also helps in the bigger picture

Comment

Hi tim_vlaar,

Thanks again for the understanding - we'll let you know when we have any movement on this.
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X