Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunlight discolouring my render

Hi guys,
    I'm new to V-ray and after watching a few tutorials, I started putting together a test-render of a model for my upcoming assignment. The problem is, in the render keeps coming out terrible... in both interactive renders and actual renders, the colours and textures all look washed out, and it resembles nothing like the colours and textures that I'm seeing in 'Rendered View' when I'm looking at my model. The facade is aluminium and it looks almost bronze/brass coloured in the render. I'm really confused as to why its coming out like this.

EDIT: So, after a bit more tinkering, I've discovered that yes, it is the sun/lighting that is causing the issue. Without the sunlight, the render looks flat and lifeless, the entire model is in shadow, but with the sunlight, the textures and colours are all washed out and overexposed. Even when I adjust the exposure settings, it still looks terrible. How can I have sunlight shining on the building (so that is casts shadows and 'pops'), without distorting the colours and the way the materials look? Essentially, I want the render to look pretty much identical to what I'm seeing in the 'Render View' Viewport.
    Last edited by jacob_kaye; 12-10-2021, 06:52 AM.

adjust white balance in VFB or make the lights white (desaturated).
    Marcin Piotrowski
    youtube

Comment

Working...
    X