Bug: VRayInteractive display mode get lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug: VRayInteractive display mode get lost

I can't find a post at this forum here and so I add it again. Maybe it can be fixed for the next release. I miss a fix often.

After a little while of using Rhino 7 and VfR5 the interactive display mode get lost.

-Micha

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 10-18-21 at 12.02 PM.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	429.8 KB
ID:	1127501
    Attached Files
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

I've experienced that as well, the V-Ray Interactive menu option disappears.

Comment

Hey guys,

If you notice any steps to reproduce this, please share them - we'll also keep our eyes open but for the time being we're unable to reproduce such a behavior.
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Attached a test file. My impression is that the IA render mode disappears at scenes based on old setups. So, today I took a scene where I lost the mode and saved the file reduced to a simple object. I was not able to repeat the issue ... but the Rhino task stays open in the background and after a while of working at other Rhino tasks and after some PC standby I tried my test scene again and the IA render mode is missing again. I hope this is a trace and helps to catch the bug.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Micha,

Well, the good news is, it's probably not related to older scenes - I managed to reproduce it in a completely fresh project.
          The bad news is I am still unsure how. It will require some further testing, and we'll keep you posted as soon as we find something out.

Thanks!

Comment

Great, good luck to hunt the bug.

Comment

Actually, just found a way to reliably reproduce it - open 2x Rhino sessions, close either one of them, click on the viewport on the one that's left - and voila. Can't find the button afterwards.

Logged it in our internal bug-tracking system under: VRW-3490

Will let you know as soon as we get more info on the matter. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X