Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing image files (texture maps)

Hello,
    I've changed the Vray libraries Path and all it works.
    I'm using the Vray library materials inside my rhino project and all it works.
    I change some options in the preset Vray material (i.e. simply the value of the bump) and all it works.
    I reopen the same file (after saving it of course) and Rhino can't find the texture which I've to change the bump value.
    I send the message I receive from Rhino.
    Thanks,
    Roy

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture Vray missing files.PNG
Views:	731
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1129019
    Attached Files

I've found the problem (BUG?). If I create the thumbnail of the material in Vray editor with the option GPU instead of CPU, Rhino doesn't save the preview images. These thumbnail images are missing the next time you open the file.

Comment

Hi lopez67,

The V-Ray material library uses .tx files as textures - a file format not natively supported by Rhino.
      Because of that in order to display our materials in the viewport we have implemented a system that takes care of this limitation and creates viewport preview versions of all textures.
      It seems you've had issues caused by this handling but I'm not 100% sure what has caused it.

I'd suggest the following:
      Update V-Ray to the latest version and see if the issue persists.
      I know we've addressed a couple of similar problems and chances are yours is also resolved.
      If that doesn't help, please share the project for further investigation on our side.

Regards,
      Konstantin

Comment

Hi Konstantin,

I don't know exactly what's happened but I've recreated the materials and now it works...sometimes it's happened again but until now I've every time solved the issue by myself.
        Thanks,
        regards,
        Roy

Comment

OK lopez67,

If something goes wrong again don't hesitate to get in touch.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
          X