Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Export Animation via GH Live Link component to Vision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export Animation via GH Live Link component to Vision?

How do I View / Control / Export an animation from Vision once I've selected the Export Animation option in the Grasshopper Live Link component?

After running Vision I can scrub through the timeline and see the animation in Vision, but when I select Export Animation there doesn't appear to be any controls in Vision to preview the animation and any options to export are greyed out. Also, after exporting the animation I can no longer preview / scrub through it via the timeline?

Please see video below.

Hi paul-twoatsix,

Currently only camera and sun animations can be transferred and played in Vision.

We will add support for object animations in the future.
    The Vision side is not complicated to implement.
    Exporting the object animations from Grasshopper on the other hand is not trivial.
    The main issue is that objects are often times created or removed in the middle of the animation in GH and V-Ray doesn't support that out of the box (I'm oversimplifying here).
    We will have to run a pre-pass and show/hide objects internally every time they pop in or out of existence.
    Anyways, this is on our roadmap but I can't promise when it'll become available.

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

Working...
    X