Decal not working on revolved surfaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decal not working on revolved surfaces

I've been trying to get to grips with the decal tool in V-Ray 5. It was working earlier this week, but now I'm struggling to get it to show on revolved surfaces. This looks like a bug to me, but it's possible I've overlooked something.

The image shows the decal widget's position but it only renders on the planar surface.

Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Decal-1.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1130945

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this!
    I have reproduced the issue on my side and I have logged a ticket in our internal bug tracking system(VRW-3476).
    Unfortunately, I have not found a workaround yet. I will post here if I find one.

Comment

Thanks very much, Slavcho.

Comment

By the way, this is not happening if the output surface of the revolve command is 3 dimensional.
        It only happens(for me) if I revolve a single straight line.

Comment

I noticed the issue first working on a dished surface, revolved from an arc. I tried a straight line and a degree 3 curve to see if I could find a work around, but it didn't work for any revolved surface.

Comment

Hi again,

My bad. This is actually not a bug. The normals are flipped in the wrong direction. You can flip them Back with the "Dir" command

Comment

I thought I'd tired that. I'll give it another go. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Thanks, Slavcho. That does indeed seem to be the solution. I was sure I'd tried flipping the normal but I couldn't have done. It's working now. Thanks for your help.

Best wishes, Iain.

Comment

Working...
                X