Rectangle light black in reflection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rectangle light black in reflection

I thought I foung a bug in recent vray version.
    In my least project of bathroomI found that in the mirror I simply cannot see light from rectangle light at the ceiling.
    Tried chceck every setting I know but without success. The lights are simply black.
    Mirror material is same as I use always.

Rendered on GPU-RTX mode.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hi,

Can you send us this project(or a stripped-down version of it where the bug is reproducible) so I can check it?
    If this is ok with please use the Pack Project tool to make an archived copy of the project and upload it here or use the "request" link below.
    Under the request, there is a field where you can upload files. You can use it if the file ends up being too large.
    https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Comment

Hi slavcho.brusev ,
      here is a stripped project, you can test it.
      https://we.tl/t-63bGEmEy3F

Comment

Hi pavol_pastork,

There is a known limitation in V-Ray that I suspect is causing the described behavior.
        It has to do with the fact that the Directionality option of the rectangular light has been used (...it is bigger than 0).
        Can you please confirm that setting the light's directionality to 0 fixes the issue?

The V-Ray-side fix for this is not at all trivial but is something we'd like to address in a future update.

Thank you for bringing our attention back to this,
        Konstantin

Comment

Hi konstantin_chaos ,
          thank for responding. You are right, setting 0 directionality of light fixed the issue. Values from 0 to approximately 0.35 are still fine in mirrors too. From 0.4 higher I see a gray to black reflection. Maybe it depends on angle of view.
          But for now, my issue is partially resolved.

Comment

Maybe it depends on angle of view.
            It does.
            It was actually like that even when looking directly at the light.
            The direct tint got resolved but the reflection issue remains ...

Comment

Working...
            X