Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5 rhino how to scatter with limits

Hi,
    i would like to understand how I can easily scatter vegetation in a plant box without going through or out.
    in a way, how to have clear limits... it's the same with paths for example.
    i send you a little printscreen to explain my problem.
    thanks a lot for your help.
    regards,
    thomas
    Attached Files

Hi,

Currently, there is no clear-cut feature in the Scatter tool.

However, that being said you can achieve this with cut planes or mesh clipper

More information in the link here: https://docs.chaos.com/display/VRHINO/Clipper

Comment

A simple texture with thick black contour in the density map slot will do the trick

Comment

Hi Nikolay,
        i didn't understand what you mean about the thick black contour in the density map slot.
        can you explain it to me ?
        thanks a lot.
        regards,
        thomas

Comment

You can use density map to fine control the distribution. In your case you need to have all you instanes located some distance from the edge. To achieve that make simple white texture and put a thick black band on the edges. The instances will be located on the white pixels only. Something like this :
          https://images.app.goo.gl/vzQ7EBxbsttxwmRP7

​​​​​​there are V-Ray procedural textures, like grid or tiles thar can achieve the same effect. Put the texture in the density map slot. It will be projected on you host geometry. Mind the UVs - I assume the texture mapping primitice matches the bounding box of your host geometry.

Comment

Hi tsponti ,

We can try implementing an option in Scatter that ensures all bounding boxes are contained horizontally.
            I'll let you know if we make progress in that regard.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention,
            Konstantin

Comment

Hi,

This would be a life changer, imagine I have 5 section drawings of a big building to populate with people, that take hours of work and it's so mundane. If there would be an option in Scatter tool to select geometry ie walls, benches frames to distance the scatter from, that would solve all the problems. In Corona I think this is called corona distance map. konstantin_chaos

Thanx ! ​
              Last edited by Jarek88; 21-09-2022, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Collision Detection will only remove a few scattered objects that go directly through the wall.

Additionally, is there any way to scatter sitting people on the chairs?
                Last edited by Jarek88; 21-09-2022, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X