Cosmos Browser not importing models or materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos Browser not importing models or materials

I haven't imported any models using Cosmos in awhile. Today I fired it up and updated the browser and downloaded a model. That part went well. However when I tried to import it I get "Error. Selected importer not found". I tried other models and got the same error. I restarted Rhino and still the same error. I went into my Cosmos settings to see where the models are being downloaded and I found them in the Documents folder. They look good to go. Why would they not import correctly?
    Last edited by SHoutzager; 10-02-2022, 05:42 PM.
    Let there B3D

Steven Houtzager
    Intuitionusa.com
    3D Renderings & Animations for Product Development and Retail Design - Atlanta, GA

Is the cbservice running? If I remember me right I had the issue too in the past and started the cbservice.exe from the install directory manually.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 02-11-22 at 09.41 AM.JPG
Views:	1617
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1139675
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

It worked! The parts render out in VRay fine. However when rendering I get this error message. I merged all of the objects into the file and still get an error message. I have not gotten this before.
      +
      Let there B3D

Steven Houtzager
      Intuitionusa.com
      3D Renderings & Animations for Product Development and Retail Design - Atlanta, GA

Comment

Hello SHoutzager
        Can you please share the vray-neui.log files so I can check them? Please copy them right after the issue appears otherwise they might get overwritten by other actions.

Comment

It corrected itself. Is working fine now. Thanks.
          Let there B3D

Steven Houtzager
          Intuitionusa.com

Comment

Nice, Thanks!
            Last edited by slavcho.brusev; 14-02-2022, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Hi slavcho.brusev

I have an other problem to import models. If I use drag and drop from the Cosmos browser than nothing happens. Only if I use the import button than it works.

-Micha

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 02-15-22 at 03.37 PM.JPG
Views:	1589
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	1140054

Comment

Hi Micha
                The asset should be there(at least it was when I tested it on my side). Try to zoom out or change system units to centimeters or meters before importing the asset.

Comment

I tested it again and drag&drop like at my screenshot doesn't work, also if I switch to meters before. If I use Ctrl+A, than no meshes are selected. Only if I import it on an other way it works.

Comment

Can you try with the latest build(5,20,04)?
                    https://download.chaos.com/?license_...209&product=47

Comment

This is the V-Ray version I use. Also Cosmos is updated.

Comment

Just to be clear, you see the image preview while dragging, but you don't see the final result ?

do you see the imported entry in the asset editor ?

do you see amy warning/errors printed on the command window ?

drag&drop is just a thin wrapper over the import command. In fact you shall be seeing "vrayCosmos" command emitted on the command windiw
                        Last edited by nikolay.bakalov; 16-02-2022, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Right, I see the image preview during drag&drop, but no final result, no entry at the asset editor, no warning/error.

I see "vrayCosmos" ... at the command line if I use the import button or drag&drop to the 3D space without an object is highlighted. If I dra&drop to a highlighted object than nothing happens at the command line.

(I will start a remote session with the link I got from Slavcho tomorrow.)

Comment

Hi Micha
                            The issue is fixed and fix will most likely be implemented in the next update

Comment

Hey this issue with importing Cosmos models has reoccurred for me. I have gone to cbservice.exe and tried to start it by right clicking it and pressing Open. Tried run as admin as well. Thing is I can't tell if cbservice is running or not. Anyway Cosmos will not import models. When I try Cosmos says importer has not been found.
                              Let there B3D

Steven Houtzager
                              Intuitionusa.com

Comment

Working...
                              X