Materials duplicating, also disappearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Materials duplicating, also disappearing

Each time i change anything in material options it duplicates itself in material list leading to milion materials.
    Also after i reopen file all materials are gone (visible in rhino materials list but gone from vray materials list).

Rhino 7 + Vray 5 (everything updated and all) at Windows 10

Your vray program was extremely expensive, yet it is basically useless in current state, fix this!

Hi stanisaw_konopiski,

I'm very sorry to hear about your negative experience.
    I could not reproduce this on my side.

We'll basically need some more details about your issue to be able to resolve it.
    Which V-Ray version are you using?
    Which Rhino version are you on?
    Does this happen in every project or in a specific one?
    If it is the ladder, please share the scene for further investigation.
    Can you describe the exact steps that lead to the buggy state?

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

Hi this happens to me also. Materials disappear and when I load them again they duplicate and do weird things. I think it might be some trouble with rhino materials compatibility as material are aplied to the layers as if they were made in rhino. Big bug please help!

Comment

Good morning,

this happens to me in the same way. I try to describe my issue uploading some pics (material list, vray version, pc setup and devices) and writing some details:

- I work with some colleagues sharing files on onedrive (microsoft)
        - some texture are saved on the same onedrive server
        - in the last period we use vray vision
        - we use some 16k hdri loaded on GI and Background settings
        - files easily reach 700 mb (including some mesh objects)

Basically the main problem is that I cannot save a file with all the correct materials and reopen it in the morning with all (or almost all) the wrong or non-working materials.
        It could be helpfull say that It seems that the materials become rhino materials. If I select an object with a (supposed)vray material, in the rhino properties I see the material like a rhino material (see the pic 000)

If you need other details please contact me.

thanks

Comment

It happens the same to me. One of the worst bugs I've experienced in years.

Comment

Hello. I have had the same problem for many months with disappearing materials in various scenes, even those built from scratch in the Windows 10 Pro, newest Rhino + only newest Vray materials and after some time the scene will crash onto the back, either the materials disappear, or they are disconnected or duplicated .. You can get diseases, how long a person is in the back, I will not count how much money, how much explaining to the client that the program costs more and more and works worse and worse, before v-ray Next came out and then 5 problems were not there ... not to mention that the whole I can throw the archive into the bin because some old v-ray material can destroy the whole scene ... do something about it, please, because I am already seriously thinking about saying goodbye to V-ray - the V-ray distributor in Poland from which I buy the license focuses mainly for SketchUp (which doesn't meet my design requirements) and for Rhino they don't have support yet, so I don't know what to do anymore.

Comment

Dear all, hello.

This behavior may be challenging for you, but it is for us too - we are not able to reproduce it in our environment.
              The issue is when saving the file - our materials are changed to Custom type.

If we perform this manually, we could see the next steps - they are missed in the Asset Editor, they could be disconnected etc.
              But for now it is missed what exactly is causing this change except changes that were made without V-Ray being loaded.

We have an opened communication with McNeel and we are discussing details and provided scenes.
              But we are missing some actions that may be typical for your workflow.

That's why I will share with you via PM a Google Form that we prepared to collect information in a more synthesized way.
              Please collaborate аnd make all win & forget about this unpleasant experience.
              We have to find the missing part of the puzzle.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
              TS
              Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
              3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

We have the same exact probel of dissapearing materials in our studio. Ans is a quite recurrent and big bug, that interrupts constantly our workflow. We loose hours of work sometimes. Please solve it at soon as possible, thank you!!

Comment

Dear jaime_moreno, hello.

Please fill in the form that I have just sent you.
                  Thank you in advance!

Comment

Same problem here! Occurring quite often, usually in files with blocks. Happens on different workstations. Everything is updated to the latest version.
                    Very frustrating...

Comment

Dear all,

We want to inform you that the ongoing collaboration between Chaos and McNeel teams has resulted in improvements in this regard.
                      The behavior should not be prevalent in the latest Rhinoceros 7 update - 7.24.22308.15001.
                      In order to manually update Rhino, open the application and navigate to Help > Check for Updates..., where you will find the Check Now... button.

We also like to remind that it is always recommended to use the latest available V-Ray version according to your subscription.

Finally, please make sure that you are familiar with the Recommended workflow to avoid Missing, Disconnected, Orphaned, or Self-duplicating Materials in Rhino.
                      In case the issue reoccurs once V-Ray and Rhino are updated to their latest versions, please contact us right away.

Comment

Working...
                      X