Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impossible to have the sky

Hi

After few months very happy without using VRay, i have to do a basic thing: from my 3D, made in Rhino, putting the material "Water-> Wave", for a model that is 120 mm por 120mm, and , first, with a background that is the sky, with a good light.
    I putted the material "Water-> Wave", and even if i put a bounding box in Rhino, it seems the material is not at the good scale. I can't understand this.

But, the worst, is, like every times i am using Vray, how to have a good light in my drawing? I made it using the sun, and i can't understand why, when i turn on the sun in Rhino, my background picture is black.
    Or, if i try to put a sky in Vray, using in the settings, "Environment-> Background", it is impossible to do: or it is black, or, if i try to choose "sky", i have none picture in the panel, at the right preview, the texture is only a white rectangle?????????????????

Can you please help me? Why, basical things like this, are so impossible to do quickly and easily in this software?????

Thanks so much, realy, i think i will throw my Vray.... Every times it is impossible to do easy things ....
    Attached Files

I think there is a bug. Set the intensity of the sky to 0.025 and the preview shouldn't be white anymore. Try to find the right intensity for your scene.
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hello marbella ,

To achieve a natural sun lighting with a sky background you need to use Sun together with a Sky texture slotted in the Environment > Background map slot. Enabling the Sun gives you only a direct light, the background and the diffuse light comes from the Sky texture. Generally you need an Exposure value around 14 for a daylight exterior scenes when using Sun and Sky.

The preview of the Sky texture in Asset Editor appears overexposed most of the time, because it represents its intensity accurately and most pixels exceed the value of 1. Our dev team will look forward improving this.

Please let me know if it works for you and if you need any help.

Kind regards,
      Iva
      Iva Mancheva
      V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
      X