Texture issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture issue

Maybe there is a problem with the texture chanel with VRAY 6. It works fine with VRAY 5...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	416
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	1161820​Thank's

Hello, guillaume_dupas,

What is the Rhino and VisualARQ version you are using and do you render with CPU or CUDA / RTX ?
    I would like to ask you to send us the scene file (or a selected part of it exhibiting the problem), so we can investigate the issue further. You can do this by packing your project from V-Ray Menu > Pack Project and share the resulting archive through https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new​ (please make sure to mention the link to the Forum thread in the message).
    Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Iva
    Iva Mancheva
    V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi,

I'm using :
      - Rhino 7 SR22 (v7.22.22255.5001, 2022-09-12)​
      - Visualarq 2.12.6.16419

I tried to render with CUDA only and CPU. Same problem.

When I try to render the same model with an other computer with VRAY 5 (v52006) it work's fine.

I'll post the model.

Thank's
      Last edited by guillaume_dupas; 11-10-2022, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Hello, I have the same problem ...
        Recently I upgraded to Vray 6 for Rhino. Before in Vray 5.2 the scene was working fine with all the maping for VisualArq elments. Now after the upgrade ..the maping doesnt work, but only on VisualArq geometry.

Thanx
        /F

Comment

Hello,
          I have the same problem here. Texture mapping work well in the rhino viewport but goes wrong when render with VRAY.
          If I explode the visualarq object, rendering works fine again (but I lose all their properties). This problem occurs only on VisualARQ object (like walls...)

Using Vray 6.00.01

Here is the system info

Rhino 7 SR25 2022-11-22 (Rhino 7, 7.25.22326.19001, Git hash:master @ 2a680490f96a04550d1f39158b859c4f7739d024)
          License type: Commerciale, build 2022-11-22
          License details: Cloud Zoo

Windows 11 (10.0.22000 SR0.0) or greater (Physical RAM: 16Gb)

Computer platform: LAPTOP - Plugged in [100% battery remaining]

Hybrid graphics configuration.
          Primary display: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 2-18-2022 (M-D-Y).
          > Integrated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
          - Windows Main Display is laptop's integrated screen or built-in port
          Primary OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU (NVidia) Memory: 4GB, Driver date: 3-17-2022 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 512.15
          > Integrated accelerated graphics device (shares primary device ports)
          - Video pass-through to primary display device

OpenGL Settings
          Safe mode: Off
          Use accelerated hardware modes: On
          Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On
          Graphics level being used: OpenGL 4.6 (primary GPU's maximum)

Anti-alias mode: 4x
          Mip Map Filtering: Linear
          Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
          Render version: 4.6
          Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
          Driver Date: 3-17-2022
          Driver Version: 30.0.15.1215
          Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
          Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
          Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
          Total Video Memory: 4 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino
          C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for Rhinoceros\V7\VRayForRhino.rhp "V-Ray for Rhino"
          C:\Users\f.bessiere\Downloads\rhtogh\RhinoToGrassh opper.rhp "RhinoToGrasshopper" 1.0.0.0
          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Tibidabo\VisualARQ.rhp "VisualARQ"
          C:\Users\f.bessiere\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoce ros\packages\7.0\Walkie\4.14.0.0\Walkie.rhp "Walkie" 4.14.0.0
          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Tibidabo\Tibidabo.rhp "Tibidabo"
          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Karamba\License\Karamba3D_LicensePlugin_Rhino7 .rhp "Karamba3DLicense"
          C:\Users\f.bessiere\Downloads\blockeditnew20221115 \BlockEditNew.rhp "BlockEdit" 1.0.0.0
          C:\Users\f.bessiere\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoce ros\packages\7.0\Bullant\1.6.1.0\bullant.rhp "bullant" 1.6.1.0

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp "Commands" 7.25.22326.19001
          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp "Renderer Development Kit"
          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRenderCycles.rhp "Rhino Render" 7.25.22326.19001
          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp "Legacy Rhino Render"
          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp "RDK_EtoUI" 7.25.22326.19001
          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp "Renderer Development Kit UI"
          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp "Snapshots"
          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\IronPython\RhinoDLR_Python.rhp "IronPython" 7.25.22326.19001
          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp "RhinoCycles" 7.25.22326.19001
          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Grasshopper\GrasshopperPlugin.rhp "Grasshopper" 7.25.22326.19001
          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp "Toolbars" 7.25.22326.19001
          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp "Displacement"
          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Calc.rhp "Calc"

Click image for larger version

Name:	render vray_rhnio.png
Views:	236
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	1170214
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi!
            I have the same problem. My scatter is not working too.
            Meir

Comment

Hello,

Thank you all for your reports! I reproduced and logged the issue on texture mapping properties of VisualARQ objects not taken into account in the V-Ray rendering. We will let you know if there is any progress in this regard.

meir_tsafri, please note that V-Ray Scatter works only with standard Rhino geometries and will not work with VisualARQ objects.

Kind regards,
              Iva
              Iva Mancheva
              www.chaos.com

Comment

Thank you! Iva Mancheva

Comment

Hello,

I would like to let you know that the issue is fixed and the fix will be included in the next update.

Kind regards,
                  Iva
                  Iva Mancheva
                  www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                  X