Save settings in Frame Buffer Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save settings in Frame Buffer Window

There are no settings available for the Save from Vray Frame Buffer Window.
    Saving to png produces good quality, but the files are huge and the background is always transparent if using a hdri environment.
    Saving to jpg produces a terrible quality image by default.

There is no option to set the quality and other settings in the save dialogue of the VBF, but there definately should be.
    The only option to set the quality and background transparency is in the Asset Editor Settings - Render Output / Save Image. If you don't want the image to be saved automatically, you are stuck with no option to save the image with desired settings when the render is done.

Am I missing something?

Good question, should be standard to disable/enable the transparency. I use a workaround since years, but would like to avoid them.

My workaround are: you can save as PNG and remove the transparency per free XnView later. Or you set an additional dome light for the background HDRI. This block the transparency. I use it often for keeping the HDRI during rendering interiors and I want to see the HDRI env through the windows.
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Thank you both for your feedback and sharing your workflow!

Indeed, currently there are no additional options while saving images from the VFB, but we will discuss it internally to see how and if it is possible to achieve.

As for changing quality settings and alpha settings of the saved image, as was mentioned, there is an option to automatically save images:

In the Render Output > Save Image > Image Options > Alpha parameter, you can set No Alpha and also other parameters. It is especially useful if you use V-Ray Batch Render. Though, it does not affect the way the image is saved from the VFB, it automatically saves an image after render is complete.

Also to control alpha settings you can use Dome Light (with HDRI or with Sun and Sky) and be able to use the Affect Alpha option. The easiest way is to generate Light Gen.​
      Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
      X