Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scene crashing when rendering in axo view

Hi,

I have a problem with a scene of a house. Rendering perspective views is going fine, but always when I try to render the axonometric view (which usually is faster to render because of less detail) rhino takes all the ram (64gb) during building light cache and eventually crashes without any error message.
    I tried to clean up the model, purge, got rid of all the bad objects. I tried to turn off different layers to identify the problematic object / layer / material, but I did not succeed.
    If someone would like to take a look, please, I have uploaded the scene in wetransfer https://we.tl/t-8hzOT5OrvP

Thanks for any advice!

Dear Val the Sinarb, hello.

Please be aware that the best way to send scene to someone and collect all assets is by using V-Ray > Pack Project.
    Now some textures are missing and after performing some basic tests the rendering from the mentioned axonometric view is successful.
    So, please provide us the packed scene to be sure that our tests will be closer to your situation.

Recommended is always to share the exact V-Ray version that you are using. The easiest way to find it is from V-Ray > Help > About V-Ray.
    WeTransfer is an option or you could upload a .zip archive here, but another way to share your files with us is via our support system.
    Please take into account this too.

It is less possible that the type of the view is the one to blame, mostly what is shown within.
    For a quick test, if you go V-Ray Asset Editor > Settings > Switches and untick Displacement, are you able to render the problematic views?

Waiting for you answer.

Best regards,
    TS

Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Dear tsvetomira.girginova​,

Thank you for your reply. Indeed after switching off the displacement I can render no problem. I am still a bit baffled that displacement is a problem in axonometry, but not in perspective view where it is rendered in more detail.
      I am using Rhino 6 and Vray 3.60.03. Unfortunately I did not manage to package my scene due to some texture error, if I manage I will upload it later.

Thanks again
      Brano

Comment

Hello Bruno,

As far as I have seen your axonometric view are showing the whole building and perspective views are showing mostly interiors.
        So, it's more connected to what is shown and what should be calculated.
        Unticking Displacement was a fast move to understand are the Displacement settings causing this.
        Another things to check: where are you using Displacement, are its settings unneeded high, if the object is too far from the Camera is it needed at all to use Displacement, use Bump instead Displacement in some areas, use Render Region...
        Try this out too.

You are also using high resolution - this is also involved, please check this article.
        As in good dishes - it is about the recipe, the ingredients + measurement.

Please be aware that V-Ray 3 is now out of support.
        But we will navigate you, like we already did.
        Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
        3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X