Materials not showing in V-Ray Vision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Materials not showing in V-Ray Vision

I have assigned a red material to the subterranean elements as a test. They remain white?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	224
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	1167587

Hello, carl_harris ,

Could you please tell us what is the V-Ray version you are using?
    I would like to ask you to send us the scene file or a selected part of it exhibiting the issue. You can do this by packing your project from the V-Ray menu > Pack Project and share the resulting archive through https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new​ (please make sure to mention the link to the Forum thread in the message).
    Thank you!

Kind regards,
    Iva​
    Iva Mancheva
    V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hello iva_mancheva,

I discovered what the issue was. I am importing a 3dm file into Rhino from another software to render in V-ray 6 for Rhino. Upon import, the elements were not retaining the layers. When I was assigning a material to a layer, the materials were not showing because they didn't belong in that layer. I managed to solve by using SelMaterialName and re-assigning the layers.

With that being said, I still couldn't get Apply to Layer to work within the material palette. I settled for selecting the contents of each layer one at a time and applying to selection which got it to work in the end. Any ideas why the Apply to Layer is not working?

Comment

Working...
      X