Asset Editor Doesn't Open with V-Ray Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asset Editor Doesn't Open with V-Ray Update

I just downloaded the latest V-Ray update and the asset editor, which previously worked fine, no longer opens. The command bar reads: -vrayShowAssetEditor and nothing happens. I'm using Rhino 7 for Windows. Any help would be appreciated. ​
    Attached Files

Attachment is irrelevant / unintentional

Comment

Can you open the frame buffer and check the log tab?
      www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hello parker_sutton,

Could you please test opening Asset Editor in the new project and after you get a message in the command line -vrayShowAssetEditor hover your mouse over the Rhino icon and check if you can see a second window on the right.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	bviKwZ87IU.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	1168125
        Generally with the restart of Rhino position of the Asset Editor should also be restarted. (Also, please make sure that V-Ray is set as Current render in Rhino.)
        If there is nothing near the Rhino app please try to close V-Ray Tab completely, restart Rhino, add the Tab again and click on the Asset Editor button again.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	qJGM7ipEtT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.4 KB ID:	1168129
        Click image for larger version  Name:	cTEniiA0Lg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	189.9 KB ID:	1168127
        If that still does not make a difference please submit a ticket via https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new form to our system and provide the following:
        • A screenshot of About window V-Ray for Rhino to confirm the exact version you are using;
        • After trying to open Asset Editor go to V-Ray > Help > About V-Ray > V-Ray Asset Editor Session Log and send us corresponding vrayneui.log file (the one that is highlighted on opening);
        • Are you by any change working on MacOS in Parallels?
        • Do other buttons from V-Ray Tab work?
        Thanks in advance!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by natalia.gruzdova; 16-12-2022, 04:02 AM.
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Natalia,

Yes: I am using Mac on Parallels. I was using V-Ray in Parallels previously without a problem. Do I need to try a different approach? I hovered over the Rhino icon after attempting to open the Asset Editor, as you suggested, but I didn't see an Asset Editor window.

Other buttons from the V-Ray tab work. I am able to launch an interactive rendering but I can't adjust the settings without the AE.

When I go to V-Ray>Help>About V-Ray, nothing happens.

Thanks for your help,
          Parker
          Last edited by parker_sutton; 17-12-2022, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Hello parker_sutton,
            Thank you for confirmation!
            I have created a ticket №72835 for you in our system and Tech Support team will assist you further.

Comment

I have exactly the same problem. Could anyone please let me know how/whether it was solved in the end? Thanks!

Comment

I also have the same problem, does anyone have a solution. Need for work asap. Also using vray rhino on parallels

Comment

same problem... does chaos have a solution yet?

Comment

Same problem here and the reason could be "on parallels"

https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/rhino...ening/158259/6
                    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I have the same problem, did anyone found a solution yet? this would be highly appreciated !

Comment

Hello everyone, please note that Rhino is not supported on Parallels and unfortunately there are some known issues with it and with V-Ray, like the ones that you are describing.

Comment

Working...
                        X