Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved images do not have the VFB Display Correction Applied

Hello,

For the last couple of months I have had an issue with saving JPGs or PNG images with the "Display Correction" applied from the Frame Buffer.

This started on V-ray 5.2 in Rhino 7 but still happens on V-ray 6 in Rhino 7.

When I save thefile as .hdr or .exr images look ok but when I just want to save a simple JPG output it ends up looking different than it does in the Frame Buffer.

Now the only way to "Save" that image is by going to "Image" and selectiong "Copy current channel to clipboard".
    However this is not a good solution as I than have to "Paste" the clipboard in to something like photoshop and save the file from there - a lot of extra steps for something that used to work fine in the past.

Would you be able to to point me to what I might be missing or doing wrong?

Many Thanks,

Hello deyan_saev,

Please note that adjustments made to the Display Correction are only applied for preview purposes in the VFB. That is why it saves differently.

So in order to get correct results please try this:
    1. Reset Display correction Exposure (display only) back to 0.000.
    2. Add an Exposure Layer to brighten your image \ or you could set the intensity of your lights higher.

I am attaching an example, hope it helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Display_correction_2.jpg
Views:	1503
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	1170017 Click image for larger version

Name:	Display_correction_0.jpg
Views:	1464
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	1170018
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the response! This deffinetly works for the beauty / final image pass so thank you.

However I still have a problem of getting the rendered channels to save as JPGs with the correct exposure.
      Only the rendered image saves with the correct exposure (as controlled from the exposure slider) but all the additional render passes dont have that exposure applied to them.

Also when I go to individual render channels (such as Raw Reflections) the exposure tab is not available and I can only adjust their brightness from the "Display Correction" , which doesnt save on to the images.

Any suggestions asd to how to save all seperate render passes with the same exposure applied to them/

Many Thanks

Comment

Hello deyan_saev,

However I still have a problem of getting the rendered channels to save as JPGs with the correct exposure.
        Only the rendered image saves with the correct exposure (as controlled from the exposure slider) but all the additional render passes dont have that exposure applied to them.​
        Could you please share what is your workflow that you need to edit render channels in VFB and save them with applied changes? What are your next steps in this case?

The two usual workflows are such:
        • To save render elements (channels) without editing for further post-production in other software (image editing apps).
        • To compose your final image in the V-Ray Frame Buffer. Please check this tutorial here: Post-processing your renders in V-Ray for Rhino.
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X