Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Objects and materials behind glass blurry (with denoised image)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Objects and materials behind glass blurry (with denoised image)

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody had a solution for improving the quality of objects and materials behind glass in vray denoised images? I always seem to get results like these after doing many tests:

Click image for larger version

Name:	bathroom - blurry.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1171476

Any help would be appreciated.

Which version fo V-Ray for rhino do you use?

Also there is a trick to get glass without raytraced refraction to keep the noise low and avoid denoising issues. Create a material with a reflection layer only. If you need a colored glass, than add an emissive layer, set the Color black and set a light colored color for the transparency.

If you have a glass sheet, where the thick edges should show a refraction effect, than assign a full raytraced glass material to the edges only and the large glass planes get the fake glass. Attached a part from a project rendering where you can see the final result. I use this kind of setup daily.

Name:	image.png
Views:	456
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	1171540

Name:	image.png
Views:	398
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	1171541​​
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hello,

Decreasing the "Radius" value of the Denoiser helps against losing details behind glass. Also for better results make sure that the Refraction of the Glass material affects All channels and the Reflection does not affect All Channels.
      Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
      Iva
      Iva Mancheva
      V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by iva_mancheva View Post
        Hello,

Decreasing the "Radius" value of the Denoiser helps against losing details behind glass. Also for better results make sure that the Refraction of the Glass material affects All channels and the Reflection does not affect All Channels.
        Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
        Iva
        Thanks Iva! Where can I change what the reflection layer of the material affects each channel, in vray for Rhino?

Cheers

ZB

Comment

Hello ZAM BER,

You need to select the material in Asset Editor, then in the right panel switch to Advanced settings and you will find the Affect Channels option in the Reflection section:

Name:	Affect_Channels_Asset_Editor.png
Views:	401
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1175989
          For your purpose you need the Affect Channels option of the Reflection to be set to Color Only (which is the default).

Kind regards,
          Iva
          Attached Files
          Iva Mancheva
          V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
          X