Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Textures missing after material library moved to Chaos Cosmos

Hi,

At work we have an extensive and growing geometry library on a server with everything we use when we design and draw in Rhino 7. We are 6 people in the studio and we are all drawing new parts which we upload to the server to be used on later projects. The problem is:

Before you moved the VRay Material Library to Chaos Cosmos, everything worked fine; my coworker could draw a table, apply standard vray materials to it (i.e. Plywood_C_50cm), upload it to the server and then I could drag and drop that file into my Rhino document and the material would show correctly.

Now - after you moved the VRay Material Library to Chaos Cosmos, everything is not working fine. The texture files from i.e.Plywood_C_50cm is apparently missing because the texture-files are on my coworker's pc. VRay no longer apply locally stored texture-files to i.e. Plywood_C_50cm. This is a MAJOR issue, because now we have to apply materials EVERY time we import textured/shaded geometries from our own geometry library.

Please fix this issue - it worked before and now it gives us huge headaches.

NOTE: We are both on v.6.00.01 Nov 3. hotfix

First image:
    This is the error I get when I drag and drop the file directly from the server folder into Rhino 7 (This is a file my coworker have drawn - his initials are PSL)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Error Prompt.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.2 KB ID:	1171999

Second image:
    This is the error I get when I OPEN the file DIRECTLY from the server folder.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Error Prompt 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.1 KB ID:	1172000
    Last edited by jysk_display; 02-02-2023, 06:09 AM.

Hello jysk_display,

Thank you for describing your workflow in detail.

Am I right to assume that for both users Assets Download Folder is a default local folder on each computer? You can check it and change it in the Chaos Cosmos Browser settings.

To achieve the seamless workflow as before you need to set Assets Download Folder to the one shared storage for all users. This way downloaded materials and assets as well as the path directory for them will be the same for everyone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cosmos_browser_settings.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1172073 Click image for larger version

Name:	Cosmos_browser_folder.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	1172074
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment