Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .abc file mapping and editing

Hi there,

I would like to make some simple animations using vray and rhino. I know it is not possible to create animated objects in vray rhino, but I can load them as proxies. It was not easy, but I have found a few pre-animated .abc files online that I could buy, like trees moving in the wind for example. I can load them in and the animation works, unfortunately, they are not mapped and I cannot edit them (for example if they come with a ground plane but I want to insert them in my model with a different type of ground).
    I did not find any tutorial or explanation online how to map an .abc file, so I am trying it here. Does anyone has any experience with the animated .abc files?

Thank you

Hi again,

I made a certain progress on this. The .abc proxies come with material slots. So in some cases, I managed to manually create materials using the textures that came with the file and then assign materials to different slots. On the first sight it seems to be working, but upon closer look I can see that the materials are actually not applied properly. I do not see any other option how to modify/correct them.
    Some .abc files do not even come with these material slots and I can only apply a material to the whole model which is pretty useless.

There is the vrmesh_viewer feature where I can open the mesh and see all the different parts it is made of, but I cannot use this feature to map it.

I did not find any tutorial on this topic and I wonder why is there the option of importing animated .abc file into vray/rhino if I cannot apply materials to them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-03-21 06_15_31-heli_embed - Rhino 6 Commercial.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1176082Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-03-21 06_46_00-V-Ray Asset Editor.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	1176085Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-03-21 06_42_37-Conversations _ CGTrader.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	124.6 KB