Bug: edge softening and piping of Rhino 8 broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug: edge softening and piping of Rhino 8 broken

Both features are not rendered. Per Rhino renderer it works. Please fix it soon as possible.

-Micha
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Hello Micha,

Thank you for reporting it, please kindly note that Rhino 8 is not officially released yet, and unfortunately some issues may occur.

Curve Piping not rendering in V-Ray in Rhino 8 is logged in our system as VRW-3937 and Edge Softening under VRW-4000. You will be notified once there are some updates on the issues.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Tested at the latest release and it's still not working. Maybe it can be fixed for the next VfR update since Rhino is beta now.

Comment

last week McNeel froze the Rhino8 SDK. no more changes means we can work on the features without hesitation any more.
        Last edited by nikolay.bakalov; 24-09-2023, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Hello, I have noticed that edge softening, thickening and curve piping still do not work in Rhino 8 + vray
          or did I miss something? What should I do, please help.

Comment

Workaround: extract render mesh and use it.

Comment

Fix for Curve Piping (issue number VRW-3937) is part of today's release of V-Ray 6.20.01 version. You are welcome to download it here.
              Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I am using edge softening in almost every single project. If I am not wrong, I just need to wait before upgrade to Rhino 8. Do you have any roadmap of implementing edge softening?

Comment

Hi

EdgeSoftening is working in V8, since 6.20.00, what is not working is any updates to any Rhino mesh modifiers, incl. EdgeSoftening, while rendering in Interactive (V8 only). This is fixed in the nightly as if today, and will be available in the next release

Comment

Hi nikolay.bakalov Thank you for clarification. I was a bit confused from comments. I dont use interactive rendering so it should all work fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X