Missing Image Files due to Computer change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Image Files due to Computer change

Hi, I have a file that I have been working on at home with product version 6.00.21​, but I am trying to take it into university to render where the product version is 5.20.06. I cannot update the computers at university because this is a restricted policy. Is there any way to embed these .tx files into the model so I can still show them on the computer at university and render them? Or is there a way to find out their location on my home computer and transfer them to the old version computer?

Thank you
    Attached Files

Hello james_churchill,
    Thank you for your post.

Please kindly note that V-Ray is not backward compatible, which means that opening scene that was saved with the newer version of V-Ray with the previous version of V-Ray will wipe all V-Ray data.

For consistent workflow between several users it is important that both the V-Ray version and Cosmos Browser version are up to date and are the same.

If your workflow requires you to often transfer your work to the university computers perhaps consider also working at home with 5.20.06 version for now which will give you consistent results.

Also, make sure to archive your scene with Pack Project tool to pack all the assets when sending or transferring it to a different machine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rhino_Pack.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1177921
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X