No announcement yet.

Can't render texture with image sequence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very strange - the sequence works for a rectangular light. I can project a sequence. Yes, if we could use a video texture anything could be so easy. I see no reason why this isn't added, I can't be so complicated to load frame by frame.
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Here a quick test in GPU mode with rect light:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ezgif.com-optimize.gif
Views:	102
Size:	845.0 KB
ID:	1185395

Comment

Hello Micha,

Thank you very much for your report here on Chaos Forum and also for your discussion on McNeel forum. Your observation regarding the Rectangular light is very useful as it can be used as a workaround for the time being, thank you for sharing all the tests you have performed.

I have logged this issue in our internal system as VRW-4093 and once there are any updates I will let you know!

Regarding the Rectangular light intensity please check again your scene, because as you can see in my test it should be working. Perhaps try to set higher intensity for the changes to be more apparent.​
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Please check my file since there it doesn't work.

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your scene Micha, this was helpful. Unfortunately there is a know issue with GPU render engine and light intensity multiplier when Directionality is set to 1 and texture is used. This is already logged as VGPU-5095. As a workaround change Directionality to 0.99 for example.
            Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello,

I would like to let you know that the issues with animated textures (Image Sequences) with the GPU engine are now resolved. The fix will be included in the next update.

Kind regards,
              Iva
              Iva Mancheva
              V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
              www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
              X