Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BUG - Export VRScene... not adding file extension (Vray Core 6.10.09)

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUG - Export VRScene... not adding file extension (Vray Core 6.10.09)

As the title says. When I try to export a VRScene file from Rhino it doesn't auto add the 'vrscene' extension - it keeps the.3dm extension in the dialogue box even though 'vrscene' file type is selected and if I hit 'enter' (or 'save') it saves with .3dm file extension. If I delete the .3dm extension (in the dialogue box) it saves with no extension at all and I still have to change to 'vrscene' in Windows File Explorer before the file is recognised as such when I import to Grasshopper.

• Answer selected by natalia.gruzdova at 12-06-2023, 07:37 AM.

Hello paul-twoatsix,
    Thank you for posting and for sharing your tests.

I was able to reproduce the issue and it is logged in our internal system as VRW-4073.

Please note that the file type is incorrect if:
    • V-Ray Scene is saved from menu V-Ray > Rendering > Export VRScene;
    • and the file is named like with numbers and full stop/period - scene_1.1, scene_1.2 etc. Just like you have shared.
    As a workaround for the time being please save V-Ray Scene from V-Ray Asset Editor > Export V-Ray Scene File tool.
    Example:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	VAE_save_vrscene.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1183309

Comment

Further testing and I think that the bug is linked to the fact that I've got a "full stop" / "period" (i.e "v1.01") in my file names. If I save without v1.01 appended to my filenames it works as expected.

Still a bug in my eyes, but one that likely affects fewer users...

Comment

Hello paul-twoatsix,
        Thank you for posting and for sharing your tests.

I was able to reproduce the issue and it is logged in our internal system as VRW-4073.

Please note that the file type is incorrect if:
        • V-Ray Scene is saved from menu V-Ray > Rendering > Export VRScene;
        • and the file is named like with numbers and full stop/period - scene_1.1, scene_1.2 etc. Just like you have shared.
        As a workaround for the time being please save V-Ray Scene from V-Ray Asset Editor > Export V-Ray Scene File tool.
        Example:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	VAE_save_vrscene.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1183309
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Ah, thanks natalia.gruzdova, I hadn't actually tried saving via the the asset editor!

Comment

Working...
          X