This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• network usage

Hello everyone, I have experienced very frustrating problem. Lately my model freeze for several minutes whenever I load new texture from our cloud disc. If I open older model with textures already in it, model is frozen for 30 minutes easily. My workflow is screwed, I wait for every step and it is killing me.

notes:
    -some of models were created on my previous (much slower) computer and they were running just fine
    -those models worked fine on this computer well enough just few weeks ago, no changes were made and it started to freeze upon start
    -loaded textures are not small, but not that large aswell (10-100 Mb)
    -network usage is every time on 100%, which means I exchange data with our server by +-90 Mb/s. Even very large textures sould not take more that souple of seconds. Whole scene is about 1GB, that should not take more than 15 sec...
    -if I use rhino material, not vray material, it takes only few seconds to load

my PC:
    -Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10GHz 4.10 GHz
    -80 GB RAM
    -NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

used software
    -Rhino 6
    -Vray 3.60.04

-Joe

Edit 1:
    -I have exported whole scene to local disc and it got loads faster (to the original speed), whole ca 1,2 GB scene with textures and proxies loaded in about 4-5 seconds and runs smoothly after that

Edit 2:
    -when I run Rhino in safe mode and open said file from cloud disc, it runs smoothly (if you can call safe-mode rhino smooth...)
    Last edited by pavel_kuera; 16-06-2023, 04:58 AM.
  • Answer selected by natalia.gruzdova at 20-06-2023, 05:18 AM.

So, after lots and lots of vulgarities I came to conclusion, problem is hardware related. It seems, there was some sort of issue in the cable, so although lot of data came through, data was corrupted. Once I have changed cable problem disappeared. Only thing that troubles me is: why did it work when I have placed texture in Rhino material, bud when I have assigned texture to Vray material scene froze...

Anyway, if you experience this problem, first, check your cable and maybe your network card.

Edit: How do I close a thread and flag this answer as solution?
    Last edited by pavel_kuera; 19-06-2023, 01:26 AM.

Comment

So, after lots and lots of vulgarities I came to conclusion, problem is hardware related. It seems, there was some sort of issue in the cable, so although lot of data came through, data was corrupted. Once I have changed cable problem disappeared. Only thing that troubles me is: why did it work when I have placed texture in Rhino material, bud when I have assigned texture to Vray material scene froze...

Anyway, if you experience this problem, first, check your cable and maybe your network card.

Edit: How do I close a thread and flag this answer as solution?
      Last edited by pavel_kuera; 19-06-2023, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Hello pavel_kuera,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am glad that you have found the solution. Thank you for sharing the outcome that may be of help to other users! I have marked your second post as an answer, so this topic can be regarded as solved.

Also, please kindly note that currently only V-Ray 5 and V-Ray 6 are officially supported. Support for older versions of V-Ray, such as V-Ray 3 and V-Ray Next has been deprecated.
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X