Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disabling Nvidia Upscale during interactive rendering ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling Nvidia Upscale during interactive rendering ....

... doesn't cause an update of the output resolution. Also if the user switch from Nvidia denoiser to an other mode. It's only incidental that this doesn't work, but perhaps the developers would like to get all the switching scenarios fully running.

-Micha
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Hi Micha, could you please confirm if this post also refers to the Viewport V-Ray Interactive render like this one?
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I did some new tests and in both cases, viewport and frame buffer rendering, switching the upscale mode during an interactive rendering is running doesn't show a changed upscale on the output.

Comment

Please check my answers below:
        Also if the user switch from Nvidia denoiser to an other mode.
        If you mean that Denoiser mode does not change during Interactive render - this is expected. Denoiser mode will be changed once you restart Interactive render. The reason for this is that Denoiser is a render element and it affects other render elements that are created when render starts.

...switching the upscale mode during an interactive rendering is running doesn't show a changed upscale on the output​
        Unfortunately I am still not sure what you mean by that, but do you expect the output resolution to change? If yes, please note that as stated in the description the rendered image is calculated internally and the process is not visible.

NVidia AI upscale – When enabled, the rendered image is internally calculated with half the resolution set in the render setup (in each dimension), and the denoised image is upscaled to the full resolution using NVIDIA's AI upscaling technology. NVIDIA's AI upscaling technology represents an advanced method based on machine learning which provides better and more detailed results when compared to a standard image interpolation.

For example, a 3840x2160 resolution renders the image internally in 1920x1080 and the AI upscaling denoiser produces the final 3840x2160 image from the lower resolution render.

Comment

Originally posted by natalia.gruzdova View Post
          Unfortunately I am still not sure what you mean by that, but do you expect the output resolution to change? If yes, please note that as stated in the description the rendered image is calculated internally and the process is not visible.
          Right, the output resolution should be the same with and without internal upscale. But the effect can be visible, the upscaled output shows less finer details. I expected to switch on/off 'upscale' and to see the change of fine details. But the output doesn't show a changed internal calculation. Only restart helps.

Comment

Thank you Micha for clarification, please note that enabling/disabling NVIDIA Upscaling indeed is updated when render is restarted for the same reason that I have shared in the previous post.

The reason for this is that Denoiser is a render element and it affects other render elements that are created when render starts.

Comment

Working...
            X