X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environment Gradient bug on CUDA/RTX

Hello Chaos,
    After upgrading to VfR 6.10.00 there's a new bug present:

I use Gradient texture set to Environment > Screen and placed in Environment slot. Looks okay in CPU, but CUDA/RTX screws up the mapping completely.

Have you already observed such behavior?

Cheers
    Jonas
  • Answer selected by natalia.gruzdova at 26-06-2023, 02:38 AM.

Thanks to Jonish we were able to isolate the issue and it is logged as VRW-4086 in our internal system. Currently, with 6.10.00 build Background multiplier to values higher than 1 works correctly in CPU, but not in GPU: example.
    As shared in the ticket as a workaround Color Correction can be used:
    • Leave Background multiplier at 1 (as by default);
    • In the Environment settings Wrap in texture in the Color Correction: example.
    • Then adjust Brightness and Contrast to be close to the initial CPU result: example.
    Thanks again for the report, developers will be looking further into it and I will post again once there is any new information.

Comment

Hello Jonish,

Could you please share the results you are getting with both CPU and GPU render engines?

Also, it would be very helpful if you could share your scene to see your current settings. If this is alright, please open a ticket using this submit request form and upload the archived scene in the ticket. Please make sure to archive it with the Pack Project tool (V-Ray > Pack Project tool).​
      Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello Natalia, done, ID You can see the comparion images attached to the ticket.

Cheers, Jonas

Comment

Thank you Jonish for your scene, as I have shared in aa ticket I will need some more time to test everything, but I will post here as soon as I have more information to share.

Comment

Thanks to Jonish we were able to isolate the issue and it is logged as VRW-4086 in our internal system. Currently, with 6.10.00 build Background multiplier to values higher than 1 works correctly in CPU, but not in GPU: example.
            As shared in the ticket as a workaround Color Correction can be used:
            • Leave Background multiplier at 1 (as by default);
            • In the Environment settings Wrap in texture in the Color Correction: example.
            • Then adjust Brightness and Contrast to be close to the initial CPU result: example.
            Thanks again for the report, developers will be looking further into it and I will post again once there is any new information.

Comment

Hi,
              I would like to notify you that issue with Background rendering incorrectly with V-Ray GPU is fixed in the 6.10.02 build.
              Thank you again for reporting it!

Comment

Thank you, natalia.gruzdova!

Comment

Working...
                X