X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render texture with image sequence in GPU mode not right working

Hi,

I have a scene where I used an image sequence as texture and I run in following issues:

* diffuse texture works in CPU mode only, but the texture is ignored in GPU mode
    * texture works at a rectangular light like a slide projector, but the intensity can't be changed, it looks like always 1
    * it helps to increase the diffuse slider of the rect light to get more intensity
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects
  • Answer selected by natalia.gruzdova at 11-07-2023, 03:24 AM.

Hello again Micha,

Thank you for creating a separate thread for the issue.

* diffuse texture works in CPU mode only, but the texture is ignored in GPU mode
    As I have shared in this post we have logged the issue as VRW-4093, also you are right that only Rectangular lights work with image sequence in the Bitmap.

* texture works at a rectangular light like a slide projector, but the intensity can't be changed, it looks like always 1
    This is a known issue logged as VGPU-5095, apart from the workaround that you have suggested with Diffuse slider, the other workaround is to change Directionality to 0.99 instead of 1 (also posted here).​

Comment

I tried a spot light and here the sequence doesn't work in GPU mode, if sequence is enabled than the texture is ignored.
      www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hello again Micha,

Thank you for creating a separate thread for the issue.

As I have shared in this post we have logged the issue as VRW-4093, also you are right that only Rectangular lights work with image sequence in the Bitmap.

This is a known issue logged as VGPU-5095, apart from the workaround that you have suggested with Diffuse slider, the other workaround is to change Directionality to 0.99 instead of 1 (also posted here).​
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X