GPU textures Preview looks Blurry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU textures Preview looks Blurry

When I previewed the textures in the material editor using GPU, the textures looks blurry.
    Is there any way I can improve that?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-08-08_09-37-08.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	1188141

Hello javierrentas

Thank you for your post!

I would like to ask for some additional information as a start:
    - What is the model of your GPU and what's the version of the GPU drivers installed on your machine?
    - Is this behavior reproducible with a newly created project as well or only with this specific file?
    - Please share a screenshot of the V-Ray > Help > About window, where the version of V-Ray you are using can be seen;
    - If you apply the material to an object and then do a close-up render of that object, are you able to see the same results as with the preview?
    - Am I correctly understanding that this is happening with every texture you attempt to preview and not just a specific one? Could you please test this with any Cosmos material as well?

Finally, I would like to ask you to start a normal CUDA render and when it's complete, to attempt to reproduce the behavior with the preview. Does it persist?

Thank you in advance!
    Zahari Ivanov | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

- What is the model of your GPU and what's the version of the GPU drivers installed on your machine?
      I have two A6000 Driver version 536.25

- Is this behavior reproducible with a newly created project as well or only with this specific file?
      New and old projects, new and old materials

- Please share a screenshot of the V-Ray > Help > About window, where the version of V-Ray you are using can be seen;
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-08-23_16-14-20.png
Views:	67
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1189155

- If you apply the material to an object and then do a close-up render of that object, can you see the same results as with the preview?
      No, The renderings look good.

- Am I correctly understanding that this is happening with every texture you attempt to preview, not just a specific one? Could you please test this with any Cosmos material as well?
      Yes, This happens with every texture. The color textures are blurry, but not as much as the textures I use for Glossiness or Bumps
      Cosmos seems to be working fine​

Comment

Hello javierrentas

Please excuse me for the late response.

I would like to recommend the following:
        - Update V-Ray to the latest version released yesterday;
        - Reinstall the NVIDIA drivers. Since there is a new recommended version (536.40), I would like to recommend that you download and install it by following the guide my colleague Muhammed has presented in this post [link was updated].

Let me know if there's a change in the behavior of the preview.
        Last edited by Zahari.Ivanov; 29-08-2023, 07:15 AM.
        Zahari Ivanov | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X