X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light issues after upgrade to v6

Hi.
    I'm on Rhino7 SR21. After upgrading to vray 6 (from v5), I cannot create a vray light from the button menu - it just becomes a normal rhino light... It can still be done via the Asset Editor though.
  • Answer selected by natalia.gruzdova at 01-09-2023, 02:46 AM.

Hello arne_kvorning and welcome to Chaos Forums!

Please try to force update the .rui file by deleting the cached version that Rhino makes here: %AppData%\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\UI\Pl ug-ins\VRayForRhino.rui
    (%AppData% is accessed like this: copy it in the path and hit Enter)

Starting up Rhino next time the file will be updated and it should fix the issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rhino_rui.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1189673

If this does not help please Reset all Toolbars to Default from Tools > Toolbars Layout > Restore Default: example. After this Rhino had to be restarted and the new V-Ray toolbars should be loaded and Light tools will work correctly.

Please note that if you have more than one monitor V-Ray All Toolbar may appear on the second monitor.

Let me know how it goes.

Comment

Hello arne_kvorning and welcome to Chaos Forums!

Please try to force update the .rui file by deleting the cached version that Rhino makes here: %AppData%\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\UI\Pl ug-ins\VRayForRhino.rui
      (%AppData% is accessed like this: copy it in the path and hit Enter)

Starting up Rhino next time the file will be updated and it should fix the issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rhino_rui.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1189673

If this does not help please Reset all Toolbars to Default from Tools > Toolbars Layout > Restore Default: example. After this Rhino had to be restarted and the new V-Ray toolbars should be loaded and Light tools will work correctly.

Please note that if you have more than one monitor V-Ray All Toolbar may appear on the second monitor.

Let me know how it goes.
      Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you, the *.rui trick did the trick

Comment

Glad it helped! Thank you for letting us know.
          Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X