Batch Render stopped working AND renders are stuck in low quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Render stopped working AND renders are stuck in low quality

I had been rendering a model in lower quality while trying to get the model right - now that I am ready to render in high quality, it doesn't seem to be able to update the render settings. High quality is selected (I also checked to make sure I didn't have a time limit on it), but the renders are still coming out the same (low res). As far as I can tell, it is still rendering according to the previous settings, although the new ones are selected.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	203
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	1190938

And at exactly the same time that this issue arose, batch render stopped working. I type the command or click the button, and nothing opens, although it says it is running the command.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	142
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	1190939

Any ideas?

Hello hannah_schneiderman,
    Please kindly note that currently only V-Ray 5 and V-Ray 6 are officially supported. Support for older versions of V-Ray, such as V-Ray 3 and V-Ray Next has been deprecated.

Nevertheless, what I would like to suggest is following:
    • Regarding render quality please consider raising the resolution to 1600x900 for example in the Render Output settings. The difference between low and high quality may not be noticeable on a low-resolution image.
    • As for the Batch render make sure your file is saved and you have specified File Path in Render Output. Also when you run a _vrayBatchRender command V-Ray Batch Render Tab is opened where you can select views for rendering and start Batch render. Check if this Tab is opened somewhere but is minimized and thus not easily found: example.
    • Are you able to run Batch render in the newly created file? Perhaps restarting your current scene may help.
    • Also, make sure that you are using the latest version of V-Ray Next. You can download 4.20.03 build here. ​
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

natalia.gruzdova Thank you so much! I completely forget I had posted this months ago and was starting to despair - turns out the tab was in fact hidden/minimized, as you suggested (https://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/s...8_14-30-57.jpg) THANK YOU!

Comment

Thank you very much hannah_schneiderman for getting back to me! I am glad it was helpful
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X