RTX Compiling Geometry is super slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTX Compiling Geometry is super slow

RTX compiling geometry never finishes. I have to spot the rendering process. CPU render is super fast.
    I do not have displacement or any complicated materials. I do have a couple of decals, but nothing complicated.
    Any Idea Please. I have the same slow compiling geometry all the time, but this time is killing me.
    V-Ray 6.0 1.3
    RTX A6000
    Best

I think I found the issue. I have the decal inside blocks and if I disable the decal in the geometry panel, the compiling geometry is very fast.
    Please, please, fix this and create a hotfix version. I use decals a lot.

Further test and I found that I don't need to have the decal in a block to slow down my compiling geometry process

Best
    Last edited by javierrentas; 20-10-2023, 09:03 AM.

Comment

I think I found another decal issue. If you deleted the dummy decal geometry in the viewport, do not remove the decal in the Geometry tab in the asset editor
      I also have a request for decals. Can we have the decal inside the V-Ray properties? Every other geometry tool is there, but the decal. Could be great to be able to use the same decal configuration in different dummy decals. Like the mesh light, fur, etc
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	185
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1193607

Comment

Hello javierrentas,
        Thank you for your report.

The issue is not apparent in a new scene, therefore could you please share your scene with Decals for us to test as well? If it is alright, please open a ticket using this submit request form and upload the archived scene in the ticket. Please make sure to archive it with the Pack Project tool (V-Ray > Pack Project tool) to include all assets.

Apart from that please share:
        • What are your current drivers installed? (If it is different from the latest recommended 536.40 version, please check this forum post).
        • Do you recall what is the approximate difference between CPU and GPU Compiling geometry times with your scene?

I think I found another decal issue. If you deleted the dummy decal geometry in the viewport, do not remove the decal in the Geometry tab in the asset editor
        I have checked in a new scene and deleting Decal in the viewport results in deleting it from Asset Editor as well. If you Purge unused V-Ray assets does it get deleted or not? If not, possibly you still have this Decal placed in a scene somewhere.

I also have a request for decals. Can we have the decal inside the V-Ray properties? Every other geometry tool is there, but the decal. Could be great to be able to use the same decal configuration in different dummy decals. Like the mesh light, fur, etc
        This is the Object Properties menu which lists all V-Ray geometry modifiers that can be applied to the object. On the contrary Decal is a projection and can not be applied to the object, this is why it is not listed in the Object Properties. Select Decal to go to its properties.​
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Unfortunately, I can not share the scene, but I have the issue in all my scenes. Not sure if this is important, but I have VRScene on the scene.
          I will try to see if I have the same issue with a small portion of the scene and I will share.
          This issue makes it impossible for me to use Decal with RTX rendering

Comment

Hello javierrentas,

Not sure if this is important, but I have VRScene on the scene.
            Try deleting .vrscene and see if there is any difference.

Unfortunately, I can not share the scene, but I have the issue in all my scenes
            We need some scenes to test it. You could delete all sensitive information in order to share the scene, though make sure that the issue is still reproducible.
            Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X