Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray repeatedly & consistently crashes when working on (semi) complex blend materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray repeatedly & consistently crashes when working on (semi) complex blend materials

Hi there,

I'm trying to make a couple of complex blend materials which involve dirt Ambient occlusion shaders and such. But Vray consistently crashes during material editing when working with these parameters.
    I've tried using different interactive render settings, RTX & CPU, made no difference.
    I've tried disabling the interactive render preview during editing, doesn't matter
    I've disabled all displacement maps. So it's not a CPU / GPU overload issue as far as I know.
    It happens especially when editing the sub materials and using the Wrap in function. But that is not the only instance this problem occurs, but in the uploaded example video it happens when doing a wrap in colour correction on a sub material opacity map.

Screencapture video in google drive
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/19lk...ew?usp=sharing

Any idea what could be causing this?

Hello robbie_bruins,
    Thank you for posting.

Could you please share the scene from the video as well so we could test if we are able to reproduce a crash with the steps you have shown? To do so, archive your scene with the Pack Project tool (V-Ray > Pack Project tool) in order to include all textures and assets. If file size is too big to attach it on forum please open a ticket using this submit request form and upload the archived scene in the ticket.

Apart from that please specify your V-Ray version (a screenshot of the V-Ray>Help>About V-Ray would be sufficient).

Just in case I would like to ask you to share logs from your machine as well. Reproduce the crash and collect following information:
    • Before editing materials please go to V-Ray > Help > About V-Ray > V-Ray Asset Editor Session Log and locate the corresponding vrayneui.log file for the current session: example attached. Collect this log after the crash and send it to us.
    • When the crash happens look for a temporary .dmp file on the desktop, but please keep in mind that it is indeed temporary, so check right away for it and if you are receiving any sort of crash or error messages, check for that file before closing them, otherwise the file will be deleted.
    Thank you in advance.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X