Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Object Camera Depth Clipping Help

Hello All,

In rendering this ring I have had problems with some strange fractal clipping.

The object is closed geometry. I have tried to change the scale, the rendering engine, and have tried all three geometry types.

Please advise, thank you.

Hello hunter_freeman,
    Thank you for the screenshot.

Could you please test two things and let us know the result:
    • Does Revert to Default Render Settings (example) make any difference in this case?
    • Also try changing material to one of the Cosmos Browser gold materials (example). Share your render.
    If you would like us to review your scene please share it here on forum or open a ticket using this submit request form and upload archived with Pack Project tool scene in the ticket.​
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi natalia.gruzdova ,

Revert does not do anything in this case.

I have been using the Gold 24k from the Cosmos Browser.

Thank you for your help, I have submitted a request ( #191610​) which includes the packed project file.

Comment

Oh I suppose I can share it here too.

See attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Regarding the ring reflections mentioned in the ticket, they're accurate. What you're seeing is a reflection from the background surface. It's common with a perfectly smooth ring (Roughness = 0). To reduce or enhance reflections, try adjusting Roughness or experimenting with different lighting setups. Check out our studio HDRs in Chaos Cosmos for options.

Also, here's a helpful article on creating gems and precious metals in Rhino.

Comment

Working...
          X