Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RAYTRACE PROPERTICES - doesnt work on GPU mode since last update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAYTRACE PROPERTICES - doesnt work on GPU mode since last update.

Since the last update, the ability to hide a material from the render using the Ray Trace Properties module was limited to CPU mode. This is a really bad idea, since I was able to hide some materials from the camera when GPU rendering was done. For instance, with the Cosmos 3D models, I was able to use some parts of them by activating this feature. Please bring it back or show how to achieve the same as before but with the GPU, since CPU works well but the rendering times are not optimal for my work. Please see the attached screenshot to understand what I mean.
    Attached Files

Hello david_cediel,
    Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

We have reproduced it on our side as well and the issue is logged internally as VRW-4305. Your forum post is linked to it so as soon as there are any updates on the matter you will be notified.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by natalia.gruzdova View Post
      Hello david_cediel,
      Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

We have reproduced it on our side as well and the issue is logged internally as VRW-4305. Your forum post is linked to it so as soon as there are any updates on the matter you will be notified.
      thank hope this solve asap!

Comment

just want to kno if new version 6 2.3 update has fix this issue, i have been force to work with the 6.10.20 version since this happens. this its a life changing feature.

Comment

Hello david_cediel,

(VRW-4305) Disabling Raytrace Properties does not work in V-Ray GPU issue is yet to be fixed and was not a part of the latest 6.20.03 update. We will post here on forum once there is a change.
          Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

thank, please vray you sould fix first main issues insted of adding other feature. maybe as an idea you sould have a stable version an a beta version, where you let us chosse what to take, becuase my work depends on think that work well for years. no for innovation that can result in further problems.

Comment

I am very, very disappointed. On January 25th I posted the problem and tried again and again to remind you that this feature is very important and if a small bug fix could finally come out. And now almost 3 months later - no bug fix.

When features that have existed for a long time are broken, I expect a quick reaction, because the users have been integrating them into all kinds of projects for a long time. VfR is a tool for professional users and they also need professional support.

natalia.gruzdova Please forgive my harsh words, but to be ignored for weeks and then the small problem is still not solved .... . What is going on? When will the problem be solved?

https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...ble-for-camera

25-01-2024, 07:52 AM The issue with Raytrace Properties not working with the GPU render engine is logged as VGPU-6361.
              Last edited by Micha; 12-04-2024, 12:11 AM.
              www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Originally posted by david_cediel View Post
                thank, please vray you sould fix first main issues insted of adding other feature. maybe as an idea you sould have a stable version an a beta version, where you let us chosse what to take, becuase my work depends on think that work well for years. no for innovation that can result in further problems.
                That's exactly how I see it. It's interesting that, as a user for almost 20 years, I see it the same way as a brand new user. I think there should be standards, such as old features being repaired immediately. New features are less important than that nothing is destroyed. I have been waiting for months for this basic feature to be fixed. Will it take another few months? I'm afraid so.
                www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
                X